Nutrition Tips

Best Way To Cut Fat Quickly

This Thursday I am heading to my friends cottage for the first “summer” getaway of the year. I put summer in quotations because summer doesn’t officially start for another few weeks, but with the weather we’ve gotten it sure feels like summer.

Because I’ve been working on building muscle lately I am not really lean right now. I’m not too worried about leaning out too much before we head away for the weekend, but I thought I better do a week “cut” as I will probably be gaining some weight from the number of beers and the food we’ll be enjoying at the cottage.

My favorite way to get cut fat quickly is by watching what I eat. Like I’ve mentioned before your results don’t come from the gym, but rather in the kitchen. I’d say about 80% of it is nutrition and the other 20% is the workouts you perform. In order for optimal results you will need to focus on both though.

This week I’m going to doing a low carb diet daily. My workouts are usually around 1:00 PM EST, so I will need to make sure I have some carbohydrates in the morning to provide me some energy for my workout and then immediately after my workout. After my post workout shake with carbs I will be almost eliminating all carbs.

Here is what a day may look for me this week:

Breakfast (Pre Workout) – 2 eggs, 6 egg whites, breakfast potatoes and 2 slices of bacon.


Post Workout Shake – 2 scoops of 2:1:1 recovery, banana, water, ice, and small amount of natural peanut butter.

Lunch – Chicken Breast, Any vegetables

Dinner – Pork + Spinach salad, vinaigrette dressing

Snack – 2 eggs, 6 egg whites, 2 slices bacon

Above you can see that the only source of carbohydrates (besides vegetables) comes from the breakfast potatoes in the morning and in the 2:1:1 recovery supplement. The amount of calories are also way down from what a normal day would look like for me (especially when I’m trying to gain muscle).

This kind of diet works best if followed for 3 or 4 weeks, but within a week I usually see a little bit of fat loss that is noticeable to the eye.

Besides the low carbohydrate diet if you are looking to lose fat quickly you will want to be performing up-tempo workouts – both cardio and weight lifting. The fat loss workouts shouldn’t be too long, but they need to be high energy for maximal amount of calories burned.

I usually don’t recommend performing cardio workouts and weight-lifting workouts in the same day for multiple days in a row, but for a quick fat loss blitz like this I think it helps more then it hurts. Because I will be taking the weekend off completely my body can recover then.

I will have 4 straight days where I perform my weight lifting workouts followed by cardio either right afterwards or later at night.

Because you are going to be putting a lot of stress on your body with the high-tempo and high frequency workouts you will want to make sure that you are getting a lot of sleep at night and using some essential supplements such as fish oils and multi vitamins.

Let’s see if I can shed a bit of fat in just 4 days of eating strict with little carbs and working out hard.


About the author


Add Comment

Click here to post a comment